Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Drinky Drinky

Hmmm,
Mixing Mad Dogs? Decent little idea that is. I give many a prop and regret that this Edisonian revelation did not occur a year or two ago. However given our current locations, its about as exciting as the career forecast for good ol' Marshal Mathers now that he and Kim are going to get remarried. Cool Durminem. So I got to thinking, what if the god of drinking wanted us to mix drinks, would he send forth a prophet? Moses mixed up the rock and his staff and got some good old water to come out of it. JC took it one step further: mix some water with divinity and boom you get some rockin wine to keep the wedding party going! Seems to me like the one omnipotent God does have in mind for us to make drinks. The only problem is that we need someone to open our eyes.

Gentlemen, as in my fine tradition of progressiveness (credit Toledo and its forward thinking... speaking of which the Nazis will be back in town this weekend!) I have been chosen to deliver a great message of mixing that has come down from on high. It goes as follows:

"There I am, standing in the aisle trying to decide which fantastic flavor should tantalize my taste buds tonight, when I hear a noice. I look up to see Lt. Blender himself. The noise I heard was coming from some sort of hand painted tribal musical instrument nestled in his pocket. From head to toe, the globe trotting lieutenant's entire body was adorned with a plethora of souvenirs he had collected from his most recent adventures. He only smiled as he revealed to me his latest assortment of mixtures. My mind reeled with excitement as I quickly examined each bag.

"With so many choices, I can't decide which one to get?" I stated, my mouth now watering.

"Then buy only one? Grab a couple and try a little from each, you can always throw the bag in the freezer for later. You can even create your own flavors by mixing them up. Let me know if you come up with something!"

With a smile and a wave he was gone. Ha
ve you seen the Lieutenant."

With those good tidings, not only did this one of the Magi bring us wisdom and blessings, but he also brought inspiration (mixed blenders? ridic feat of strength to survive brain freeze? sugar rot?) and gifts. Caspar of Tarsus, Melchior of Persia and Balthasar of Saba brought gold, myrrh, and frankincense. Behold what the Lieutenant of Blender bequeath upon us:



Oh yes, the nog a log is everything you hope it would be. Just like the bag says, add liquor & water, shake, freeze & squeeze.

So what do we have here? It looks like a seasonal drink that will rival the McDonald's Shamrock Shake? It only asks for some spiced rum, some brandy, and some icebox lovin? I'm pretty sure that when it comes time to consume it this holiday season if you ask me what I think, my response will be "I'm lovin' it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home